Sunday, January 16, 2005

ICT vs. Business

It’s always a surprise if you have a meeting with an ICT-guy around business topics. Going from ‘to the point’ to... how can I force my idea and protect my job.
I believe it’s the only department inside a company, which thinks they are more then example the bookkeeping or production department.

From what I know there are not much technology bubbles who create real business, inside a traditional company. Take a look on music stores, photo labs who are still struggling to survive today, despite the availability of all this technology.

We can do better from both sides… ICT should try to understand the business processes and the challenges of today, and use technology as support platform for the business. On the other side business should try to understand that’s it’s not always install and run.

Let’s pull all at the same side of the string !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hans Hantson, I found your blog post ICT vs. Business whilst looking for info on vat . Yours is an interesting Blog and I can see why it came up when i use 'vat ' in the search. Thanks for a great read, I'll be back for more! Bye for now.